CDR CiderLab is the instrument to perform chemical analyses on cider: the ideal ally to carry out process controls throughout production. The innovative analysis system that fine tunes traditional testing methods, making them faster and easier.
CDR CiderLab is so easy to use that it can be utilized not only in a laboratory, but straight in the production plant, even by personnel with no previous specific lab tech experience.
In only few minutes, one single instrument can determine:
- Acetic acid
- L-malic acid
- Free SO2
- Total SO2
- L-Lactic acid
- Fermentable sugars
- Total acidity
- Alcohol by volume
- Yeast Assimilable Nitrogen Organic and Inorganic (YAN)
- Total Polyphenol Index
Ask for a quote»
What is the CDR CiderLab System?
CDR CiderLab is a true testing laboratory, a self-contained and compact apparatus complete with everything needed to perform analytical quality controls, in total autonomy, throughout cider production process.
- An analyzer based on photometric technology, available in the standard or Junior version, equipped with state-of-the-art LED emitters, reading cells (4) and 37°C thermostated incubation cells (16).
- A kit of low toxicity, disposable reagents. Reagents are pre-vialed, in package of 10 tests, 1 year shelf life, developed and produced by the research laboratories of CDR.
- Pipettes allow for the collection of the correct volume of sample.
- The Help function will lead you through the process “Step by Step”.
- A graphic printer will immediately print the test results.
How are tests on cider performed?
Performing chemical analyses on cider is simple and fast because sample preparation is minimal. All reagents are supplied pre-vialed and ready to use, and operators do not have to handle toxic or carcinogenic compounds; there is no need to wash either containers or traditional glassware.
With CDR CiderLab, chemical tests are performed in just a few steps and results are yielded right away:
- Select the parameter to measure from the menu: the system automatically selects the correct wavelength.
- Use the supplied pipette to add the correct volume of sample to the pre-vialed reagent, specifically developed by our laboratories. A colorimetric reaction is generated.
- Follow the displayed instructions.
The result of the test is automatically calculated, displayed and printed in just a few minutes in its unit of measure.
Save your time
To perform process controls of cider production, CDR CiderLab relies on analytical procedures and dedicated reagents specifically developed by the research laboratories of CDR that allow:
- a sample preparation that is quick and easy, when needed at all;
- making analytical procedures extremely fast and easy;
- removing all needs for complex calibration procedures
Moreover, CDR CiderLab allows accelerating analytical procedures thanks to its thermostated incubation cells and multitasking mode that allow performing several analyses at the same time on the same sample or sixteen different assays for the same parameter on a batch of different samples. All of this in an simple and fast way.