CDR OxiTester: The System Designed to Perform Chemical Tests on Olive Oil
CDR OxiTester is the fast, simple and reliable system conceived to perform quality controls on olive oil directly at the mill. Technical Skilled staff are not required.
Thanks to CDR OxiTester, even non-qualified staff in the field of chemical assays can perform olive oil testing very easily and quickly, in any environment and with no need of a dedicated laboratory.
CDR OxiTester for Olive Oil can determine:
- Free Fatty Acids (FFA) / Acidity in 1 minute
- Peroxide Value in 4 minutes
- Polyphenols / Oxidative Stability Index in 6 minutes
- K 270 in 1 minute
Samples do not require to be prepared. The instrument does not require calibration. Reagents come in ready-to-use vials and operators avoid getting in touch with toxic or carcinogenic substances.
What is the CDR OxiTester System?
CDR OxiTester is a true testing laboratory, a self-contained and compact apparatus complete with everything needed to perform quality controls of your oil, autonomously, directly at the oil mill, in the oil processing plant or at the time of purchase.
- An analyzer based on photometric technology, available in the standard or Junior version, equipped with state-of-the-art LED emitters, reading cells (4) and 37°C thermostated incubation cells (12).
- A kit of low toxicity, disposable reagents. Reagents are pre-vialed, in package of 10 tests, 1 year shelf life, developed and produced by the research laboratories of CDR.
- Pipettes allow for the collection of the correct volume of sample.
- The Help function will lead you through the process “Step by Step”.
- A graphic printer will immediately print the test results.
How are tests on olive oil performed?
Performing chemical analyses on olive oil is simple and fast because no sample preparation is required. All reagents are supplied pre-vialed and ready to use, and operators do not have to handle toxic or carcinogenic compounds; there is no need to wash either containers or traditional glassware.
With CDR OxiTester, results are yielded in just a few steps:
The result of the test is automatically calculated, displayed and printed in just a few minutes in its unit of measure.
Save your time
CDR OxiTester relies on analytical procedures and dedicated reagents specifically developed by the research laboratories of CDR that allow:
- testing olive oil as is;
- making analytical procedures extremely fast and easy;
- removing all needs for complex calibration procedures.
- avoiding the need to touch with toxic or carcinogenic substances
Moreover, CDR OxiTester allows accelerating quality control analytical procedures because it features:
- thermostated incubation cells
- multitasking mode
These features allow performing several analyses at the same time on the same sample or sixteen different assays for the same parameter on a batch of different samples.
CDR OxiTester Portable for oil quality control anywhere
CDR OxiTester Portable is composed of
- CDR OxiTester Junior with lithium battery powered
- Bluetooth printer
- rigid carrying case
With CDR OxiTester Portable it is possible to carry out in a few minutes the analysis of FFA (acidity), peroxide value, polyphenols and stability index. Thanks to its lithium battery, with CDR OxiTester you can carry out the analysis for a whole day without plugging it in.
A reliable testing instrument employed by the University of Athens
In a study published in the Journal of AOAC International Vol. 91, No. 4, 2008, the photometric method exploited by CDR OxiTester to determine polyphenols/olive oil oxidative stability index was validated and compared with the Rancimat method. Said study was carried out by Minerva S.A. and N. Asteriadis S.A. in partnership with the University of Athens and gives evidence that the easy and fast CDR OxiTester method to assay polyphenols/stability index is a valid alternative to the Rancimat method. [More …]
The new Total Polyphenol (Biophenol) Test has been tuned to the reference method COI/T.20/Doc. no. 29: 2009
The new Total Polyphenol (Biophenol) Test used by CDR OxiTester has been tuned to the reference method COI/T.20/Doc. no. 29: 2009 by the Merceological Chemical Laboratory of Florence The total olive oil polyphenol assay results as obtained by the CDR OxiTester method are correlated with the reference method. [More …]