Alcohol by Volume (ABV) in cider
Alcohol content is the measurement of ethanol content etanolo in an alcoholic beverage. In cider constitutes an important quality parameter.
The determination of alcohol by volume with CDR CiderLab is simpler and more rapid than reference method: it consists in a simple photometric reading and operates on a small sample of cider as is without any distillation.
The analysis has a high repeatibility and reliable. The results you obtain with CDR CiderLab are compliant with the results of the reference analytical methods.
Ethanol is oxidized in an alkaline environment through an enzymatic reaction and converted in acetic aldehyde in presence of NAD+, which in turns produces NADH. The increase of the absorbance, measured at 366 nm (end-point) is directly proportional to the concentration of ethanol in the sample.
The CDR CiderLab calibration curve, obtained using the reference method, confirms the excellent linearity of the system over the entire measurement range.
Reagent test Kits
The Analyzers for process and quality control in cider production
- Complete analysis panel, supplied already configured
- Up to 16 determinations simultaneously
- Possibility of carrying out analyses of the same sample
- Integrated printer
- Full connections (LAN - USB - Bluetooth barcode/QR code reader)
CDR CiderLab Jr
- Partial analysis panel, supplied configured with 3 analyses of your choice, implementable
- Up to 3 determinations simultaneously
- Wireless connection to external printer
- USB connections