Determination of pH in cider
With CDR CiderLab is possible to determine pH in cider with a colorimetric method whose results are correlated to the results of the referrence method which is based on an electrochemical measuring.
CDR CiderLab method, that does not require the use of any probe, does not need maintenance or calibration.
pH measures the dissociation grade of acids present in cider. This parameter influences the vinification and conservation of cider. The range of pH value is approximately 3.00 – 4.00. There is not any legal limit.
pH is determined through acid-base colorimetric reaction in which a phenol derivative, for addition of cider, undergoes a decoloration. The entity of this decoloration, measured at 630nm, is correlated to pH in the sample.
The calibration curve of CDR CiderLab for determination of pH in cider, obtained using reference methods, confirms the excellent linearity of the system over the whole testing range.
Reagent test Kits
The Analyzers CDR CiderLab for determining pH in Cider
The system is supplied pre-calibrated and ready for use.
Results are expressed in accordance with the reference method.
The reagents have a shelf-life untill 18 months
The analytical methods are simple: the system does not require an equipped laboratory or skilled staff.
The Analyzers for process and quality control in cider production
- Complete analysis panel, supplied already configured
- Up to 16 determinations simultaneously
- Possibility of carrying out analyses of the same sample
- Integrated printer
- Full connections (LAN - USB - Bluetooth barcode/QR code reader)
CDR CiderLab Jr
- Partial analysis panel, supplied configured with 3 analyses of your choice, implementable
- Up to 3 determinations simultaneously
- Wireless connection to external printer
- USB connections