Analysis of the Acidity of Olive Oil
With the method developed by the CDR laboratories, it is possible to easily carry out acidity (FFA) analysis of olive oil and extra virgin olive oil in 1 minute, not only in the laboratory, but also along the production line of an oil mill, at acceptance or at the purchase and sale stage. The CDR method simplifies and speeds up the official procedure, the results are correlated with the reference AOCS method.
Principle of the test
The fatty acids in the sample, under conditions of pH < 7.0, react with a chromogen to develop a colour whose optical density, measured at 630nm, is proportional to the concentration of acidity of the fat, expressed as % of oleic acid.
The CDR FoodLab® method for determining the acidity content of oils and fats, which is used by CDR OxiTester, has shown an excellent correlation with the AOCS Official Method Ca 5a-40. In addition, the international reference laboratory Campden BRI carried out comparative tests between the CDR method and the titration method used by Campden BRI laboratories (Campden BRI Method TES-AC-211 based on ISO 660 or AOCS Cd 3d-63 or AOCS Ca 5a-40 or AOAC 940.28): the correlation coefficient R² was 0.9834, a value that shows a very good correlation between the two methods.
Reagent test Kits
Analyzers for quality control of olive oil
- Complete analysis panel, supplied already configured
- Up to 16 determinations simultaneously
- Possibility of carrying out analyses of the same sample
- Integrated printer
- Full connections (LAN - USB - Bluetooth barcode/QR code reader)
CDR OxiTester Jr
- Partial analysis panel, supplied configured with 3 analyses of your choice, implementable
- Up to 3 determinations simultaneously
- Wireless connection to external printer
- USB connections