Determination of the Galacturonic Acid in must and wine
Together with gluconic acid, uronic acids such as galacturonic acid and glucuronic acid are products that form in botrized grapes and that combine sulphur dioxide therefore lowering the level of free SO₂ with the same added metabisulphite. Knowing the concentration of these compounds, both in red and white wines, is therefore very important in order to establish the most suitable oenological protocol.
Uronate dehydrogenase reacts with galacturonic and glucuronic acid to develop NADH, which is directly proportional to the concentration in the sample expressed in g/L.
The calibration curve of the CDR WineLab® instrument, performed using standards with a known concentration of galacturonic acid, confirmed an excellent linearity of the system over the entire measurement range.
Reagent test Kits
Analyzers for process and quality control in winemaking
- Complete analysis panel, supplied already configured
- Up to 16 determinations simultaneously
- Possibility of carrying out analyses of the same sample
- Integrated printer
- Full connections (LAN - USB - Bluetooth barcode/QR code reader)
CDR WineLab® Junior
- Partial analysis panel, supplied configured with 3 analyses of your choice, implementable
- Up to 3 determinations simultaneously
- Wireless connection to external printer
- USB connections