Determination of Total Acidity in Wine and Must
With CDR WineLab®, device for wine analysis, is possible to determine Total Acidity in wine with a simple photometric reading of a sample of wine as is dispensed in a cuvette that is prepared with the reagent and already provided.
It is not necessary to resort to the tritation that is required from the OIV reference method. The results are correlated with the ones obtained with OIV reference method.
The total acidity of the wine is the sum of its titratable acidities when it is titrated to pH 7 against a standard alkaline solution. Carbon dioxide is not included in the total acidity.
This analysis can also be performed on wine vinegar.
Total acidity reacts with a proper chromogen, bleaching it. The decrease of absorbance is proportional to the total acidity value in the sample.
The calibration curve of CDR WineLab®, obtained using reference methods, confirms the excellent linearity of the system over the whole testing range.
Reagent test Kits
Analyzers for process and quality control in winemaking
- Complete analysis panel, supplied already configured
- Up to 16 determinations simultaneously
- Possibility of carrying out analyses of the same sample
- Integrated printer
- Full connections (LAN - USB - Bluetooth barcode/QR code reader)
CDR WineLab® Junior
- Partial analysis panel, supplied configured with 3 analyses of your choice, implementable
- Up to 3 determinations simultaneously
- Wireless connection to external printer
- USB connections