Chemical Analysis of Beer, Wort and Water with CDR BeerLab®
The CDR BeerLab® is the analysis system built to analyze Beer, Wort and Water. The CDR BeerLab® is designed to perform process controls during each phases of your brewing process.
This versatile system is specifically devised by CDR to respond to the needs of master brewers and to breweries of all size from small to large enterprises. The CDR BeerLab® analysis system allows you to perform a wide range of tests on beer, wort and water with a single device, faster and with ease compared to the traditional methods, all while being totally in-house without having to rely on external laboratories.
How are tests on beer performed with CDR BeerLab®?
Performing chemical analyses on beer, wort and water has never been as simple and fast! Water is tested as is while beer and wort just require an easy and rapid preparation.
All reagents are supplied pre-vialed and ready to use, and operators do not have to handle toxic or carcinogenic compounds; there is no need for a dedicated laboratory or washing of traditional glassware.
Discover how easy it is with CDR BeerLab®
“Since its installation, we have found the analyser to be accurate and easy to use. We are looking to list BAD Co. beer with a well-known national retailer and we wouldn’t be able to do that without in-house quality control using the BeerLab”. […]
head brewer of BAD Co.’s
CDR BeerLab® is reliable, easy to use and fast as confirmed by Campden BRI
The international reference analysis laboratory Campden BRI carried out a comparative study between the analytical methods exploited by the CDR BeerLab® and the reference methods. The study concluded that:
“The correlation of analytical results obtained with CDR BeerLab® with the reference methods is very good for all types of tested beer and wort samples.”
Furthermore, the Campden BRI laboratory highlighted that:
- The instrument is easy to use
- The user interface is logical and simple
- No calibration is needed
- As compared with traditional methods, CDR BeerLab® analytical methods are much faster
- The system has a low environmental impact due to minimum waste production and very low volumes of sample and reagents used
CDR BeerLab® and the research of CNR for innovation in brewing process.
The important study “Beer-brewing powered by controlled hydrodynamic cavitation: Theory and real-scale experiments” is done by the Institute of Biometeorology of National Research Council (CNR) in Florence, Italy.
The chemical analysis for the inline control of the brewing process has be done by the CDR BeerLab®.
The results of this scientific paper are published in on the Journal of Cleaner Production and have received important independent reviews: as the article published in the authoritative Technology Review of Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) (“This Technology Is About to Revolutionize Beer-Making,” 2016), as well as the article in the Draft Magazine and the mention of the Cornell University Library.
CDR BeerLab® method for the determination of total SO2 in beer.
The researchers of CDR chemical laboratories made a study to demonstrate the great accuracy and repeatability of CDR BeerLab® method for the determination of total sulfur dioxide SO2 in beer samples. It allows the brewers to achive optimal performance of measuring SO2 directly in their brewery.
Check the CDR BeerLab® System
CDR BeerLab® is a true testing laboratory; thanks to its compact size, it can be used in your brewery or virtually anywhere.
- An analyzer based on photometric technology, available in the standard or Junior version, equipped with state-of-the-art LED emitters, reading cells (4) and 37°C thermostated incubation cells (16).
- A kit of low toxicity, disposable reagents. Reagents are pre-vialed, in package of 10 tests, 1 year shelf life, developed and produced by the research laboratories of CDR.
- Pipettes allow for the collection of the correct volume of sample.
- The Help function will lead you through the process “Step by Step”
- A graphic printer will immediately print the test results.
SAVE YOUR TIME
To test beer, wort and water during brewing process, CDR BeerLab® uses analytical procedures and dedicated reagents specifically developed by the research laboratories of CDR that allow:
- a sample preparation that is quick and easy, when needed at all;
- making analytic procedures extremely fast and easy;
- removing all needs for complex calibration procedures.
Moreover, CDR BeerLab® allows for acceleration of the quality and process control analytical procedures because it features:
- thermostated incubation cells
- multitasking mode
These features allow performing several analyses at the same time on the same sample or sixteen different assays for the same parameter on a batch of different samples.