Testing the Shelf Life of Bakery Products and Spreads
CDR FoodLab® is the analysis system that allows to test the shelf life of bakery products, snacks and spreads in a simple and fast way: no toxic solvents are required for sample preparation, analysis are performed in 5 minutes.
CDR FoodLab® tests the shelf life of finished products by monitoring the oxidation status and the rancidity of the oils contained in the different products, thanks to easy and rapid periodical analyses.
Thanks to the Multitasking Mode, it is possible to run the oxidation status test of bakery products, snacks and spreads in 5 minutes to the purpose of determining:
- Free Fatty Acids
- p-Anisidine Value
Risks for the operator are eliminated and the environmental impact is minimized because determining the shelf life of finished products no longer requires complicated extraction processes, toxic solvents, expensive waste disposals or extractor hoods.
What is CDR FoodLab® System to determine the shelf life of bakery products, snacks and spreads
CDR Foodlab® is a true testing laboratory: thanks to its compact size, it can be used in any environment at the company, even in the production plant. A self-contained apparatus complete with everything needed to perform quality controls of your products, in total autonomy.
- An analyzer based on photometric technology, available in the standard or Junior version, equipped with state-of-the-art LED emitters, reading cells and 37°C thermostated incubation cells
- A kit of low toxicity, disposable reagents. Reagents are pre-vialed, in package of 10 tests, 1 year shelf life, developed and produced by the research laboratories of CDR.
- Pipettes allow for the collection of the correct volume of sample.
- The Help function will lead you through the process “Step by Step”.
- A graphic printer will immediately print the test results.
How to determine the shelf life of bakery products in 4 steps
Thanks to the dedicated system specifically designed by the CDR research laboratories, sample preparation is very quick and does not require the use of toxic compounds.
How are tests performed?
With CDR FoodLab®, results are yielded in just a few steps:
- Select the parameter to measure from the menu: the system automatically selects the correct wavelength.
- Use the supplied pipette to add the correct volume of sample to the pre-vialed reagent, specifically developed by our laboratories. A colorimetric reaction is generated.
- Follow the displayed instructions.
Save your time
To assess the oxidation status of a fat contained in spreads or bakery products, CDR FoodLab®® relies on analytical procedures and dedicated reagents specifically developed by the research laboratories of CDR that allow:
- a sample preparation that is quick and easy, when needed at all;
- making analytical procedures extremely fast and easy;
- removing all needs for complex calibration procedures.
Moreover, CDR FoodLab® allows accelerating analytical procedures. Its thermostated incubation cells and the multitasking mode allow performing in an simple and fast way:
- several analyses at the same time on the same sample
- sixteen different assays for the same parameter on a batch of different samples.