CDR FoodLab® for Fish Oil Quality Control
CDR FoodLab® is the analysis system to test easily and rapidly the key parameters for fish oil quality control, either in a laboratory or directly on food industry production lines or even aboard ships.
The system does not foresee the use of toxic solvents and can determine:
- p-Anisidine Value in 6 minutes
- Peroxides in 4 minutes
- Free Fatty Acids (FFA) in 1 minute
Reduced testing time, easy use and reliability of results allow to optimize the production process or the processing of fish oil.
Fish oil tends to oxidize very quickly, that is why it is vital that processing companies may rely on an instrument such as CDR FoodLab®, which allows for a simpler and faster monitoring of the oxidation status of fish oil.
What is the CDR FoodLab® System?
CDR FoodLab® is a self-contained apparatus complete with everything needed to easily and quickly determine the oxidation status of fish oil.
- An analyzer based on photometric technology, available in the standard or Junior version, equipped with state-of-the-art LED emitters, reading cells and 37°C thermostated incubation cells.
- A kit of low toxicity, disposable reagents. Reagents are pre-vialed, in package of 10 tests, 1 year shelf life, developed and produced by the research laboratories of CDR
- Pipettes allow for the collection of the correct volume of sample.
- The Help function will lead you through the process “Step by Step”.
- A graphic printer will immediately print the test results.
CDR FoodLab® is a true testing laboratory: thanks to its compact size, it can be used on the production line, in a laboratory, or even aboard a ship.
How are quality control tests on fish oil performed?
Performing chemical analyses on fish oil is simple and fast because sample preparation is not required. All reagents are supplied pre-vialed and ready to use, and operators do not have to get in touch with toxic or carcinogenic compounds; there is no need to wash either containers or traditional glassware.