Quality Control of Tomato and Tomato Derivatives with CDR FoodLab®
CDR FoodLab® is the analysis system for tomato and tomato derivatives that enables to perform quality controls easily and rapidly, determining the concentration of lactic acid either in a laboratory or directly in the production plant.
Tomato can be tested under any form, either chopped, or as a sauce or as a paste. Sample preparation is minimal and anyone can perform the test, even personnel with no previous specific lab tech experience. It is also possible to analyze any type of vegetable purée.
What is the CDR FoodLab® System for chemical analyses on tomato derivatives and vegetable purées?
CDR Foodlab is a true testing laboratory. Thanks to its compact size, it can be ideally used in a laboratory or on the production line. A self-contained apparatus complete with everything needed to perform quality controls of tomato, tomato derivatives and venerable purées in general.
- An analyzer based on photometric technology, equipped with state-of-the-art LED emitters, reading cells and 37°C thermostated incubation cells.
- A kit of low toxicity, disposable reagents. Reagents are pre-vialed, in package of 10 tests, 1 year shelf life, developed and produced by the research laboratories of CDR.
- Pipettes allow for the collection of the correct volume of sample
- The Help function will lead you through the process “Step by Step”
- A graphic printer will immediately print the test results..
How are tests performed?
Performing chemical analyses on tomato, tomato derivatives and vegetable purées is simple and fast, because sample preparation is minimal (microfiltration is sufficient). All reagents are supplied pre-vialed and ready to use, and operators do not have to handle toxic or carcinogenic compounds; there is no need to wash either containers or traditional glassware.
With CDR FoodLab®, chemical tests on tomato, tomato derivatives and vegetable purées are performed in just a few steps and results are yielded right away:
- Select the parameter to measure from the menu: the system automatically selects the correct wavelength.
- Use the supplied pipette to add the correct volume of sample to the pre-vialed reagent, specifically developed by our laboratories. A colorimetric reaction is generated.
- Follow the displayed instructions.
The result of the test is automatically calculated, displayed and printed in just a few minutes in its unit of measure.
Save your time
To assess the quality of tomato and vegetable purées, CDR FoodLab® relies on analytical procedures and dedicated reagents specifically developed by the research laboratories of CDR that allow:
- a sample preparation that is quick and easy;
- making analytical procedures extremely fast and easy;
- removing all needs for complex calibration procedures
Moreover, CDR FoodLab® allows accelerating analytical procedures. Its thermostated incubation cells and the multitasking mode allow performing in an simple and fast way:
- several analyses at the same time on the same sample
- sixteen different assays for the same parameter on a batch of different samples.