Determination of polyphenols in beer
The presence of polyphenols in beer can cause unpleasant odours and unwanted turbidity. This phenomenon can be reduced by treatment with PVPP (Polyvinylpolypyrrolidone) during boiling or maturation, before filtration.
With CDR BeerLab® it is possible to determine the total polyphenols in a simple and fast way directly in the brewery, following its evolution throughout the brewing process.
In this way, CDR BeerLab® allows optimal processing of polyphenol removal treatment with PVPP..
The test is based on the use of a chromogen that reacts with the polyphenols leading to the formation of a compound that absorbs at the wavelength of 280nm.
The calibration curve was made using samples with known values of polyphenols analyzed with the reference method EBC 9.11. The trend of the curve confirms the excellent linearity of the system over the entire measurement range.
Reagent test Kits
The Analyzers for process and quality control in beer brewingThe Analyzers for process and quality control in beer brewing
- Complete analysis panel, supplied already configured
- Up to 16 determinations simultaneously
- Possibility of carrying out analyses of the same sample
- Integrated printer
- Full connections (LAN - USB - Bluetooth barcode/QR code reader)
CDR BeerLab® Jr
- Partial analysis panel, supplied configured with 3 analyses of your choice, implementable
- Up to 3 determinations simultaneously
- Wireless connection to external printer
- USB connections