Determination of Total sulfur dioxide (SO₂) in Beer
CDR BeerLab® allows to determine Total sulfur dioxide (SO2) in beer giving the result in 2 minutes, avoiding the time consuming distillation of the EBC reference method and the using of dangerous and cancerogenic compounds used by AOCS reference method.
You can use CDR BeerLab® method easily in the QC lab or even at production line.
SO2 is naturally produced in the fermentation steps of beer production. Given its antioxidant capacity it allows to extend the shelf life of the beer itself . The legal limit is 10 mg/L.
Total SO₂ reacts with a specific cromogen forming a compound used to follow the reaction itself. The end point of the reaction is read at 430 nm and the increasing of absorbance is proportional to the total SO₂ concentration.
The calibration curve was made using samples with known values of sulfur dioxide. The trend of the curve confirms the excellent linearity of the system over the entire measurement range.
Reagent test Kits
The Analyzers for process and quality control in beer brewing
- Complete analysis panel, supplied already configured
- Up to 16 determinations simultaneously
- Possibility of carrying out analyses of the same sample
- Integrated printer
- Full connections (LAN - USB - Bluetooth barcode/QR code reader)
CDR BeerLab® Jr
- Partial analysis panel, supplied configured with 3 analyses of your choice, implementable
- Up to 3 determinations simultaneously
- Wireless connection to external printer
- USB connections