Free Fatty Acids analysis in Oils and Fats
In less than one minute you can carry out analysis of the Free Fatty Acids content (FFA) of oils and fats on the production line, in the laboratory or wherever you want, using the CDR FoodLab® analysis system that simplifies and speeds up the AOCS Official Method Ca 5a-40 with the same accuracy of results.
Principle of the test
The fatty acids in the sample, under conditions of pH < 7.0, react with a chromogen to develop a colour whose optical density, measured at 630nm, is proportional to the concentration of acidity of the fat, expressed as % of oleic acid.
The CDR method for the determination of acidity of oils and fats showed very good correlation with the reference method: AOCS Official Method Ca 5a-40. In addition, the international reference laboratory Campden BRI carried out comparative tests between the CDR FoodLab® system for determining the acidity content and the titration method used by Campden BRI laboratories (Campden BRI Method TES-AC-211 based on ISO 660 or AOCS Cd 3d-63 or AOCS Ca 5a-40 or AOAC 940.28): the correlation coefficient R² was 0.9834, a value that shows a very good correlation between the two methods.
Reagent test Kits
The analyzers for oils and fats quality control
- Complete analysis panel, supplied already configured
- Up to 16 determinations simultaneously
- Possibility of carrying out analyses of the same sample
- Integrated printer
- Full connections (LAN - USB - Bluetooth barcode/QR code reader)
- Partial analysis panel, supplied configured with 3 analyses of your choice, implementable
- Up to 3 determinations simultaneously
- Wireless connection to external printer
- USB connections