Determination of Alcohol Content in Bakery Products and Baked Goods
With CDR FoodLab® you can determine easily and quickly, without the use of solvents, the percentage of alcohol contained in bakery products and baked goods and syrup, the alcoholic solution used on the product as a preservative and antibacterial.
The test allows you to measure the alcohol content in baked and wet products, up to 10% vol.
Ethanol is oxidized in an alkaline environment through an enzymatic reaction and converted in acetic aldehyde in presence of NAD+, which in turns produces NADH. The increase of the absorbance, measured at 366 nm (end-point) is directly proportional to the concentration of ethanol in the sample.
The CDR FoodLab® results are reliable as they are correlated to those once obtained by the reference method. The graph below shows the great correlation between CDR FoodLab® and the reference method.
Reagent test Kits
The Analyzers CDR FoodLab® for a complete quality control on bakery products, baked goods, snacks and spreads
- Complete analysis panel, supplied already configured
- Up to 16 determinations simultaneously
- Possibility of carrying out analyses of the same sample
- Integrated printer
- Full connections (LAN - USB - Bluetooth barcode/QR code reader)
CDR FoodLab® Jr
- Partial analysis panel, supplied configured with 3 analyses of your choice, implementable
- Up to 3 determinations simultaneously
- Wireless connection to external printer
- USB connections