The average content of cholesterol in eggs is constant. Therefore it is possible to use this test to determine the amount of eggs contained in a specific food preparation. The possibility of performing quick and simple tests with CDR FoodLab® enables manufacturers to directly change the processing parameters in real time.
If placed in contact with specific enzymes, cholesterol reacts with a phenol derivative forming a red compound with an intensity that is directly proportional to the concentration of cholesterol in the sample, if measured at 505 nm. CDR’s innovative method is simple, fast and uses micro-sample.
Tests with samples of beaten eggs were carried out by a SINAL accredited laboratory in order to compare the reference method (gas chromatography on capillary column DB-5) with CDR Foodlab®’s method.
Reagent test Kits
Analyzers for quality control of egg products
- Complete analysis panel, supplied already configured
- Up to 16 determinations simultaneously
- Possibility of carrying out analyses of the same sample
- Integrated printer
- Full connections (LAN - USB - Bluetooth barcode/QR code reader)
CDR FoodLab® JR
- Partial analysis panel, supplied configured with 3 analyses of your choice, implementable
- Up to 3 determinations simultaneously
- Wireless connection to external printer
- USB connections