Simple and fast chemical beer analysis methods for brewing process control directly in the brewery
Are you the owner of a brewery? Are you a master brewer and are looking for an analyzer to perform beer quality control during all brewing phases? Are you a consultant for breweries? We have the most appropriate analysis system for your business.
CDR BeerLab®: the self-contained analyzer to perform chemical analyses on beer and water for in-house brewing process control.
Thanks to CDR BeerLab®, you no longer have to send beer or wort samples to dedicated external laboratories. Beer analysis methods are quick and easy to use. The results of the tests are available in real time so as to be able to promptly take key decisions during the brewing process.
Analysis for in-house brewing process control
In just a few minutes, CDR BeerLab® analyzer allows to determine a wide panel of parameters on beer and water for the inline control of the brewing process:
- Bitterness (IBU)
- Alcohol Content
- Lactic Acid (D + L)
- Free Aminio Nitrogen by OPA (FAN)
- Total sulfur dioxide (SO2)
- Fermentable Sugars
Water (only with the standard version)
How it can help you to perform analysis for beer quality control
The analytical system built to analyze Beer, Wort, and Water, CDR BeerLab®
- is easy to use: directly in the brewery, during any phase of the brewing process without the support of personnel with no previous specific lab tech experience;
- exploits optimized analytical methods that are simple and fast, with no risks for the operator, with no waste and without having to be equipped with a laboratory;
- removes the need to rely on dedicated external laboratories;
- enables to take key decisions in a timely manner: results on dozens of samples are obtained in just a few minutes;
- provides accurate results, which are verified by correlation and compliance curves with the reference methods;
- performs a complete panel of tests, all main parameters on beer and water to the purpose of the brewing process quality control;
- is self-contained and compact, does not require maintenance operations: it is a spectrophotometer that perfectly meets breweries’ and master brewers’ analysis requirements.
A true testing laboratory: chemical analyses for beer quality control that comes in a complete, intuitive and reliable equipment
CDR BeerLab® is a true analysis laboratory. We have developed it to perform easy and fast chemical analyses on beer directly at the brewery, without the support of personnel with specific lab tech experience, and without relying on a dedicated external laboratory.
CDR BeerLab® optimize traditional testing procedures, making them faster and easier, while guaranteeing accuracy standards in line with the ISO reference methods
Compact and handy, it is composed of:
- an analyzer based on photometric technology equipped with state-of-the-art LED emitters, available in 2 versions
- a kit of pre-vialed and ready-to-use low toxicity reagents, specifically developed by our research laboratory to fine tune analytical methods and avoid any contact with toxic or carcinogenic substances
- pipettes that allow for the collection of the correct volume of sample.
Our device comes from a family of fast and reliable testing systems that we have developed and manufactured to perform food and beverage quality controls during the production process.
The ‘help’ function makes beer analysis methods easier
The system is reliable, fast and intuitive. It is so simple to use that anyone can run a test in total autonomy as if they were skilled personnel. Just a few steps suffice to perform the analyses and, if there is ever a doubt, the HELP function will lead you through the process by displaying detailed instructions. Click here for more info on the Help function
“Since its installation, we have found the analyser to be accurate and easy to use. We are looking to list BAD Co. beer with a well-known national retailer and we wouldn’t be able to do that without in-house quality control using the BeerLab”.
head brewer of BAD Co.’s
Case study: Analysis of Mashing in the Brewery
Case study: is it possible to reduce the mashing time improving the process efficiency with in-house brewing process control? The case study shows that it is possible to reduce the mashing time improving the process efficiency using CDR BeerLab® to perform chemical analysis of beer for in-house brewering process control. [More …]
CDR BeerLab® beer analysis methods are reliable, easy to use and fast as confirmed by Campden BRI
Alt img: An assessment of CDR BeerLab® carried out by Campden BRI, the international reference analysis laboratory
The international reference analysis laboratory Campden BRI carried out a comparative study between the analytical methods exploited by CDR BeerLab® and the reference methods. The study concluded that: “The correlation of analytical results obtained with CDR BeerLab® with the reference methods is very good for all types of tested beer and must samples.”
Furthermore, the Campden BRI laboratory highlighted that:
- The instrument is easy to use
- The user interface is logical and simple
- No calibration is needed
- As compared with traditional methods, CDR BeerLab® analytical methods are much faster
- The system has a low environmental impact due to minimum waste production and very low volumes of sample and reagents used
The two versions of CDR BeerLab® for chemical analyses on beer
|CDR BEERLAB®||CDR BEERLAB® JUNIOR|
Lactic acid (D+L)
Alcohol by volume
Free Amino Nitrogen by OPA (FAN)
Total sulfur dioxide (SO2)
|Possibility of running several tests on the same sample||–|
|Photometric module||4 thermostated reading cells (37˚C)||4 thermostated reading cells (37˚C)|
|Incubation module||37˚C thermostatic block with 16 slots||37˚C thermostated reading block with incubation function|
|Dimensions and weight||32 X 29,5 X 13 cm (L x P x H) – 2,8 Kg||15 x 22 x 8,3 cm (L x P x H) – 0,80 Kg|
|Lithium ion battery||–|