Tests on milk and dairy products have never been so easy!
Are you in charge of quality control at a milk processing factory? Do you run a dairy? Do you have a test laboratory? We have the analysis system for quality and process control that is most appropriate for your business.
It is CDR FoodLab®, the analysis system for milk and dairy products that allows to determine a wide panel of parameters on milk as is and on dairy products with a prior simple preparation fine tuned by the laboratories of CDR.
CDR FoodLab® is compact and handy and can be used in any environment: either in a laboratory, or at the production plant, or upon sale/purchase of the product. Fast and intuitive, it provides results that are correlated with the reference methods.
What you can analyze
CDR FoodLab® can determine a wide panel of parameters on milk and dairy products, thus removing the need to purchase and rely on diverse systems to test the quality of milk and dairy products.
- L-Lactic acid in milk, cheese and yoghurt
- Urea in milk
- Lactose in milk, cheese and yoghurt
- Ammonia in milk, cream, cheese and yoghurt
- Chloride in milk, cheese and watery solutions
- Alkaline phosphatase (ALP) in cow’s milk
- Hydrogen peroxide in milk
- e-Fructosyl-lysine (Furosine) in milk
- Peroxidase in milk
- Acidity in butter, margarine and cream
- Peroxide Valuein butter, margarine and cream
- Soaps in cream
What dairy products can you analyze?
All types of milk can be tested (cow, buffalo, goat, sheep, etc.)
The system has been designed to determine the quality of low-fat milk or whole milk, raw or pasteurized, without any kind of previous sample treatment.
CDR FoodLab® can also be used to test a wide range of cheeses and dairy products, like mozzarella, cottage cheese, yoghurt, butter, margarine with a minimal sample preparation that is far easier than official methods
Perfect for any size of business
Thanks to its ease of use, reduced testing time and reliability, CDR FoodLab® is used in the laboratories of food industries or on the production line of small and medium sized dairies to perform quality controls during any phase of the production process or upon sale/purchase of the product.
In a milk processing factory, CDR FoodLab® can be used to assess thermal treatments, monitor the content in lactose or lactic acid according to law provisions.
Milk producers and zootechnicians use CDR FoodLab® directly in the stable to take prompt decisions on the breeding diet and improve the animals’ health.
How can you use CDR FoodLab® for milk? Here are two examples
- Monitor thermal treatments of milk: CDR FoodLab®, with one single instrument, allows to determine: Alkaline phosphatase, Peroxidase and the level of e-Fructosyl-lysine (Furosine) so as to have the complete panel of tests needed to control the thermal treatment of milk.
- Detect the presence of pathogens and toxins in milk, as foreseen in the hazard analysis of the HACCP method, since with CDR FoodLab® you can determine both L-Lactic acid and ammonia
Easy and fast, it saves your time
The system can be used by anyone and tests can be performed in just a few minutes. This is made possible by:
- All methods have been developed by the research laboratories of CDR and have been specifically devised to maximize ease of use and reduce testing time.
- The “step by step” guide, displayed on the touch screen of the device, helps the operator if there is ever a doubt on the procedure.
- The sample is tested as is, or with a prior extremely simple preparation that is far easier than official methods.
- Reagents come in disposable pre-filled vials developed and produced by the research laboratories of CDR, thus removing the need to handle toxic or carcinogenic substances.
- The broad incubation module allows to test up to 16 samples at one time.
- The Multitasking Mode allows the system to process one analysis and to start another one at the same time, with the possibility to go back to the first one at any moment.
A true testing laboratory for chemical analyses on milk and dairy products that comes in a complete, intuitive and reliable equipment
CDR FoodLab® is a true analysis laboratory. We have developed it to perform easy and fast chemical analyses either in a laboratory, or on the production line of small dairies, food industries, milk processing factories, zootechnics consultants and firms without the support of personnel with specific lab tech experience.
CDR FoodLab® fine tunes traditional testing methods, making them faster and easier, while guaranteeing accuracy standards in line with the ISO reference methods.
Compact and handy, it is composed of:
- an analyzer based on photometric technology equipped with state-of-the-art LED emitters, available in 2 versions
- a kit of pre-vialed and ready-to-use low toxicity reagents, specifically developed by our research laboratory to fine tune analytical methods and avoid any contact with toxic or carcinogenic substances
- pipettes that allow for the collection of the correct volume of sample.
Our device comes from a family of fast and reliable testing systems that we have developed and manufactured to perform food and beverage quality controls during the production process.
The ‘help’ function makes your tests easier
The system is reliable, fast and intuitive. It is so simple to use that anyone can run a test in total autonomy as if they were skilled personnel. Just a few steps suffice to perform the analyses and, if there is ever a doubt, the HELP function will lead you through the process by displaying detailed instructions. Click here for more info on Help function
An accurate measuring instrument
CDR FoodLab® guarantees reliable results for the tests performed on milk and dairy products. This measuring system owes its sensitivity, accuracy and reliability to the photometric technology based on state-of-the-art LED luminous sources. Moreover, the correlation of the test results with the reference methods ensures the reliability of each and any analysis performed with the system.
Associazione Italiana Allevatori (Italian Breeders Association) : The CDR FoodLab® analysis system has been validated by the Standard Latte Laboratory as well as by other certified laboratories.
Comparative studies have given evidence that the accuracy of the results obtained with the CDR FoodLab analytical method is in line with the accuracy of the results yielded by the reference methods, while CDR FoodLab® is much easier to use and provides the requested results in reduced testing time.