Monitoring easily the quality of fats and oils during the production process
Are you active in the food industry sector and do you use fats and oils for your products? Do you produce, process and store fats and oils for the food industry? We have the most appropriate analysis system for your business that you can use for quality and process controls at any stage of the production chain.
It is CDR FoodLab® for fats and oils, the system that allows to perform chemical test for fats and oils easily and rapidly, thus improving the production efficiency and the profitability of a company.
CDR FoodLab® is compact and handy and can be used in any environment, either in a laboratory or at the production plant, even if you don’t have specific chemical lab tech experience.
Fast and intuitive, it provides results that are correlated with the reference methods.
What you can analyze
CDR FoodLab® can be used to test any type of vegetable and animal fats and oils, using samples of product as is or with a prior simple preparation fine tuned by the laboratories of CDR.
- Free Fatty Acids in 1 minute
- Peroxide Value in 4 minutes
- p-Anisidine Value in 2 minutes
- Iodine Value in Palm Oil in 2 minutes
- Soaps in 2 minutes
- Total Polyphenols/OSI in olive oil 5 minutes
With CDR FoodLab® you can perform quality or process controls either in a laboratory or directly at the production plant of companies that produce, process or store fats and oils, or of companies that use fats and oils as ingredients.
For example, it is possible to
- Monitor the oxidation state of the oils contained in bakery products, snacks and spreads and determine their shelf-life easily and rapidly
- Quickly check the quality of frying or cooking oils and determine the shelf life of snacks and other fried foods easily and accurately
- assess the quality of either the raw ingredients or of the finished products of industries producing, processing or packing nuts and hard shelled dried fruit, sespecially when used in combination with the CDR extraction system, which operates without toxic solvents
- monitor the oxidation state of essential oils and cosmetic oils using micro-quantities of sample; these systems are highly appreciated by producers of valuable oils
- test natural vegetable oils for various purposes: cosmetics, functional foods, nutritional supplements, pharmaceutical purposes (almond oil, canola oil, soy oil and so on)
- analyze marine oils such as fish oil and algae oil for nutraceutical or other purposes.
- test vegetable oils, animal fats and fuel oils (biofuels or biodiesel)
- perform accurate process controls of refined oils thanks to special curves that work correctly even with very low ranges of acidity and peroxide value
- analyze flours, animal feed, butter and margarine with a very simple sample pre-treatment
How it can help you
Simple method will save your time
CDR FoodLab® exploits analytical procedures and dedicated reagents specifically developed by the research laboratories of CDR. The procedures are easier and faster than traditional methods
- low toxicity reagents previaled and ready to use remove the need to handle toxic or carcinogenic compounds.
- The sample is tested as is, or with a prior extremely simple preparation
- There is no need to wash either containers or traditional glassware.
Moreover, CDR FoodLab® reduces testing time as it allows performing several analyses at the same time on the same sample or sixteen different assays for the same parameter on a batch of different samples. All of this following a simple and fast procedure.
A reliable measuring instrument
CDR FoodLab® for fats and oils guarantees high accuracy and sensitivity. For example, very low levels of acidy (range 0.01 – 24 expressed in grams as % of oleic acid) or of peroxide value (range 0.1 – 550 mEqO2/Kg) can be determined beginning from 0.01. That is why this system represents an excellent solution for food industries that process refined oils.
A true testing laboratory for chemical analyses in a complete, intuitive and reliable equipment
CDR FoodLab® is a true analysis laboratory. We have developed it to perform easy and fast chemical analyses directly on the production line without the support of personnel with specific lab tech experience.
CDR FoodLab® optimezes traditional testing methods, making them faster and easier, while guaranteeing accuracy standards in line with the ISO reference methods. Compact and handy, it is composed of: an analyzer based on photometric technology equipped with state-of-the-art LED emitters, a kit of pre-vialed and ready-to-use low toxicity reagents, specifically developed by our research laboratory to enhance analytical methods, and pipettes that allow for the collection of the correct volume of sample. Our device comes from a family of fast and reliable testing systems that we have developed and manufactured to perform food and beverage quality controls during the production process.
The ‘help’ function makes your tests easier
The system is reliable, fast and intuitive. It is so simple to use that anyone can run a test in total autonomy as if they were skilled personnel. Just a few steps suffice to perform the analyses and, if there is ever a doubt, the HELP function will lead you through the process by displaying detailed instructions. Click here for more info on the Help function